- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
- Management of the avionics system components supplier
- Performing the component design reviews (PDR, CDR etc.) with the supplier
- Reviewing the design data generated by the supplier for the complex electronic devices
- Reviewing the process-related documentation generated by the supplier for the complex electronic devices according to DO-254
- Determining and documenting the consistence of the supplier design data (requirements, verification evidence etc.) with the system requirements
- Work closely with specialists in a multidisciplinary team
- Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Detailed knowledge and practical expertise of ARP4754A, DO-254 and DO-160
- Detailed knowledge of certification deliverables according to ARP4754A and DO-254
- Good knowledge about requirements engineering with requirement management tools like Integrity or DOORS
- Experience of working with the supplier for the "build to specification" development for the aircraft systems
- Experience in digital and analog schematic design, PCB layout and design verification
- Experience in working in EASA approved Design Organisation (Part21J) is preferable
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in aerospace development
- Thorough analytical skills and a structured approach
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.