- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As Aircraft Thermal Engineer you will be responsible to ensure aircraft certification and qualification for performing/operating in their thermal environment
You design and develop the global thermal protection system of the aircraft in close cooperation with concerned systems and will be part of the aircraft team and work closely with all design engineers, manufacturing, and quality
- To do Requirements Based Engineering (RBE) and support Value Based Engineering (VBE)
- Verify the compliance of a detailed design solution toward baseline of validated requirements
- Assess the thermal ambience on the various parts of the aircraft, and to assess their effects
- Analyze and/or exploit laboratory or chamber, or vehicle performance tests in the required thermal conditions
- Conduct 1D/3D simulations and develop/validate computation tools, databases, physical laws
- Define & develop thermal concepts, coordinate their development in agreement with systems
- Prepare, exploit, analyze aircraft (system) tests and/or laboratories tests campaigns, and produce reports
- Follow up the continuous airworthiness
- Promote technical innovations of protection systems.
Check in your professional skills:
- Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Thermal Engineer
- Work independently and in a team-based environment
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of personnel
- Do effective communication and negotiation
- Good writing and speaking skills in English
- Proficient in the use of application software such as Siemcenter, STAR CCM+ and Amesim & SYS Architect
- Available to travel, if/as required.
- Experience with simulation tools (1D and 3D)
- Experience in System Engineering (Engineering gates as PDR, CDR, TRR, etc)
- Experience with EASA Certification Specifications (Part 25) and SAE standards(ARP 4754a & 4761A)
- Hands-on, creative, and solution-oriented way of working
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, great team spirit
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.