- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Datacenter Hardware
- Post Date: 10/21/2021
- Website: workboard.com
- Company Address: 460 Seaport Ct., Redwood City, CA, 94063
About WorkboardWorkboard provides a free app for managers to manage efficiently and lead brilliantly.
WorkBoard’s mission is to help companies and the people in them achieve their best results. We pioneered the Enterprise Results Management solution category so leaders can communicate strategy and align efforts well in a faster changing world, and so team members are energized by the purpose and impact of their work. Our customers drive faster growth and competitive advantage because they have higher alignment, real-time transparency, and sharper focus on the results that matter. Companies like Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper, Workday, 3M, Zuora, Anthem, Humana, and many others use WorkBoard’s platform, expert services, and professional certification programs to achieve their ambitious vision.
WorkBoard has built a clear lead in the space – it is the size of all the other OKR app providers combined, in large part because its founders and team members are experienced company builders focused on true, differentiated value for our customers. WorkBoard is backed by top-tier venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz, GGV Capital, SoftBank Investment Advisers, and Workday Ventures.
The Channel Marketing Director will lead overall recruit, ready, and engage activities with our fast-growing partner ecosystem. This role carries a quarterly qualified lead quota that delivers pipeline for WorkBoard’s growing sales team. To achieve the goal, you will develop and implement a compelling portfolio high impact strategic campaigns and tactical marketing programs across our key demographic segments, regions, verticals, and partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design a comprehensive channel marketing strategy, which includes quantified goal achievement plans for each type of partner alliance.
- Partner closely with sales to ensure alignment on strategy, resources, messaging, and KPIs
- Recruit: Develop outreach plans to target partners, create meeting materials, create meeting follow up materials. Track and report on campaign activities and outcomes.
- Ready: Onboard new partners with standardized content and events. Track and report on ready activities and outcomes.
- Engage: Create comarketing campaigns and content with partners. Track and report on lead activity.
- Develop and track comprehensive metrics reports and advise on the effectiveness and future direction of our channel marketing campaigns and spend
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging and content needs.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing on the development of channel content assets and thought leadership programs
- Partner with marketing ops on key metrics, including performance measurement, budgeting, strategic planning, process definition, and marketing systems and data
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of partner behavior and industry trends to ensure effective implementation of channel marketing programs
- Optimize targeting, creative, media and budget allocation to maximize effectiveness and ROI.
- Assess new trends and drive continual improvement of the recruit, ready, and onboard processes.
- BA/BS in marketing, business or related fields; MBA is highly desired
- 10+ years of marketing experience, 8+ specific to channel marketing in a fast-paced enterprise SaaS company
- Proven success in launching and successfully running demand gen marketing programs for B2B SaaS companies
- Experience with Marketo and Salesforce to generate, capture, nurture, track and report on leads, conversions, and ROI
- Experience in the Salesforce ecosystem, specifically in a transactional environment
- Experience with budgeting, ABM, social media marketing, sponsorships, medals programs
YOU’LL BE SUPER SKILLED AND EFFECTIVE AT
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to build, motivate, and lead team to achieve results
- Ability to carry to full individual contributor workload in additional to leadership responsibilities; this role will be a player-coach model
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have the ability to analyze and derive meaning from data which you will then translate into actionable changes
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills
- Passionate about marketing technology – able to dive in and use innovative, next generation marketing platforms
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU’LL
- Attend a new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of our buyers, their pain points, and our solution offering
- Familiarize yourself with the Marketing OKRs, key pieces of marketing collateral, and the go to market strategy
- Learn the systems, processes, and vendors we use to power our sales and marketing tech stack.
- Know where all data, reporting and analysis lives for Marketing and Sales, and how they’re created.
- Assess acquisition, expansion, and channel demand generation capabilities and improvement opportunities
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU’LL
- Have implemented key improvements to channel marketing efforts
- Set new channel marketing target plan with sales
WITHIN SIX MONTHS YOU’LL
- Have a full portfolio of recruit, ready, engage initiatives delivering consistently against targets
- Set the annual channel marketing plan with targets, initiatives, and resource requirements
You’ll join a Marketing team that is laser-focused on driving smart, fast growth for our customers and our company. We are a data-obsessed, hypothesis-driven, collaborative team of continuous learners. We know our target market and are dialed in on winning it. We are scrappy and ROI-driven, maximizing our return ($ and learnings) for every effort spent. We are intellectually honest and humble – our bold hypotheses are driven by transparency on what we know and what we want to learn. We test & learn without fear, fail fast, and lean into the wins.
We are a no-ego bunch, and super excited to build a category-creating company together!
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 Hs
Hungry for the opportunity
Operating as one happy team
A FEW OF OUR AWESOME BENEFITS
- Flexible PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!