- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Datacenter Hardware
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: workboard.com
- Company Address: 460 Seaport Ct., Redwood City, CA, 94063
About WorkboardWorkboard provides a free app for managers to manage efficiently and lead brilliantly.
WorkBoard’s mission is to help companies and the people in them achieve their best results. We pioneered the Enterprise Results Management solution category so leaders can communicate strategy and align efforts well in a faster changing world, and so team members are energized by the purpose and impact of their work. Our customers drive faster growth and competitive advantage because they have higher alignment, real-time transparency, and sharper focus on the results that matter. Companies like Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper, Workday, 3M, Zuora, Anthem, Humana, and many others use WorkBoard’s platform, expert services, and professional certification programs to achieve their ambitious vision.
WorkBoard has built a clear lead in the space – it is the size of all the other OKR app providers combined, in large part because its founders and team members are experienced company builders focused on true, differentiated value for our customers. WorkBoard is backed by top-tier venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz, GGV Capital, SoftBank Investment Advisers, and Workday Ventures.
As the Director of Presales, you’ll be a key member of the sales leadership team scaling a world class organization that engages with P&L owners to help them achieve their strategic growth plans. You’ll own, recruiting, enabling, coaching and leading a team of Solution Consultants and Solution Architects to partner with the sales team to achieve sales targets and drive value for our customers. You will work with the broader sales and services leadership teams to identify demand generation, value messaging, sales enablement, sales execution and customer engagement best practices. And, you will collaborate with marketing, product management and engineering on key cross-functional priorities.
Bring 7+ years of presales experience and 5+ years of presales leadership experience selling business applications to a C-suite buyer. You have experience leading exceptional teams, an entrepreneur’s mindset, and a collaborative and customer-focused approach. Experience working in a fast paced, high growth start-up is a plus as is an MBA. You’ll be skilled and incredibly effective at:
- Recruiting exceptional pre-sales professionals who demonstrate WorkBoard’s core values and consistently deliver results above plan.
- Effectively and efficiently enabling your pre-sales team members on WorkBoad’s value proposition, buyer personas, competitive landscape, solution differentiation and sales process.
- Making data driven decisions to optimize pre-sales coverage and revenue generation.
- Working at a fast pace while demonstrating professionalism and the attention to detail that is required to support sales engagements with enterprise P&L owners.
- Partnering with peer teams across sales, marketing, professional services, customer success and development to build a company that is great in your customers’ eyes.
- Enabling the pre-sales team to partner with sales to consistently exceed sales targets
- Evolving and enabling the solution consultants and solution architect teams so the right structure meets the current needs of the business
YOU'LL BE SUPER SKILLED AND EFFECTIVE AT
- Understanding the challenges that leaders face in either fast paced start-ups or slow growth large enterprises
- Quickly building trusted advisor status with CEOs and P&L owners by demonstrating your business acumen, intellectual curiosity and passion for solving substantive business issues
- Partner with account executives to grow our business with new and existing customers
- Working at a fast pace while demonstrating professionalism and the attention to detail that is required to support sales engagements with CEOs and GMs
- Partnering with peer teams across product marketing, professional services, customer success and development to build a company that is great in your customers’ eyes
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of our buyers, their pain points, our solution offering and how we work well as a team
- Attend the WorkBoard OKR Coach Certification program to gain a deep understanding of the OKR methodology and its relevance in the Enterprise Results Management category
- Review fifteen first meeting recordings and shadow five first meetings with sales leadership
- Internalize five customer case studies and be able to confidently use these in first meetings
- Work with the VP of Sales and VP of Strategic Services to refine the coverage model for the team that you will lead.
- Be a daily user of WorkBoard and SFDC to help drive rocket ship growth
- Dazzle a WorkBoard expert with your enthusiastic demo
- Develop a pipeline of highly qualified pre-sales team candidates
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU'LL
- Continue developing a pipeline of highly qualified pre-sales team candidates and have made two additional hires for your team.
- Shadow at least 6 OKR Workshops with our strategic services team
- Be completely fluent in delivering product demos that reflect a prospect’s process and business starting point and show them a path to value realization
- Both demonstrate and narrate the solution experience (process and platform) to P&L owners (CEOs and GMs) and stakeholders such as chief of staff, business innovation experts, and heads of HR in a way that speaks to their unique role in the decision to choose WorkBoard
- Manage demo data integrity so it provides a compelling vision of the solution’s impact
- Have attended WorkBoard Super User training to deepen your proficiency in the WorkBoard application.
- Independently customize demo data sets and demonstrations to prospective customers when needed
- Have established cross functional relationships and a regular rhythm with sales, services, marketing and product engineering teams
- Establish benchmarks and best practices to scale and enable the pre-sales org
- Understand the strategic levers and plays of pre-sales at WorkBoard and have a perspective on how to optimize existing processes
- Evaluate the current pre-sales org structure and have a recommendation to improve
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Be recognized as a key member of the WorkBoard sales leadership team for your recruiting, coaching, achievement of sales plans and the partnerships that you have established with our customers as they achieve their growth strategies.
- Be contributing valuable insights and ideas to the WorkBoard Team on ways that we can accelerate and enhance value realization for our customers
- Be overachieving your area sales targets
Join an excellent team with a truly rare opportunity; P&L owners (CEOs and GMs) are our direct buyers and our solution is used by every employee in the enterprise. We help our customers achieve their growth plans faster, so you’ll be a part of many customer successes. Our happy team is filled with humble experts hungry for the great opportunity that we have – you will have great sales tools to work with, an excellent product to represent and exciting customer stories to share.
We are remarkably engaged with our customers, so you’ll have immediate access to their insights and voices. Everyone on the team is striving to improve the value and quality of experience we provide customers by delivering at our best and being voracious learners. We are an incredibly supportive team, with powerhouse creative and production team members who quickly bring marketing ideas to life.
We are excited about a lot of things—what “best” looks like for our customers, what “breakthrough” looks like in product—and we share these passions across the company and with our customers.
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 H’S
Humble experts ~ Hungry for the opportunity ~ Intellectually honest ~ Operating as one happy team
A FEW OF OUR AWESOME BENEFITS
- Flexible PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!