- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As a (Lead) Fullstack Software Developer at Volocopter you will be part of the CDO Resort. You work together with our product owners, partners and UI/UX experts on high-quality software solutions.
- Conceptual design and development for the VoloIQ platform based on Microsoft Azure
- Design and develop in a highly innovative cloud architecture
- Create and develop entire products with Python REST services and React, and deploy and run them in the cloud
- Connect Python services to NoSQL/SQL databases, work with data coming from event systems, and create a sophisticated real-time experience for users and operators of the Volocopter ecosystem
- Extend the VoloIQ platform with new features based on domain requirements and user feedback, refactoring it constantly and improving it aligned on value to ensure VoloIQ becomes the leading product for a new era of transportation
- Provide security & compliance in accordance with internal guidelines as well as other aviation regulations
Check in your professional skills:
- Degree in (business) informatics, mathematics, economics, or comparable vocational training as well as career changers with completed training or studies with several years of relevant work experience
- Practical experience with Microsoft Azure and the various service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Hands-on development experience (clean code, TDD, CI/CD) with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Knowledge of Frameworks (Flask, Fast-API, Django, Pandas, React, Redux) preferred
- Knowledge of NoSQL/SQL, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Customer-centric approach with an open and constructive communication style and high self-motivation to work effectively in an agile, autonomous team setup
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.