- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Intelligence
- Industry: Enabling Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: vectra.ai
- Company Address: 560 S. Winchester Blvd, Suite 200, San Jose, CA, 95128
About Vectra AIVectra is the world leader in AI-powered network detection and response
Vectra AI delivers a new class of advanced threat defense that delivers real-time detection and analysis of active network intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic to automatically detect all phases of a breach as attackers attempt to spy, spread, and steal within your network.
Vectra directly analyses network traffic in real time using a patent-pending combination of data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors and user anomalies in the network. All detections are correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context, and Vectra AI's machine learning adapts as attacks evolve.
Vectra is seeking an experienced and hands-on cybersecurity leader to manage the analysts of a Global team based in India. The ideal candidate is a leader with a strong technical understanding of the tools commonly used by security teams, attacker methodologies, and program management experience. In this role, the individual will build and provide day-to-day oversight of a high-performing team, maintain mature service delivery methodologies, and identify new offerings to support our customers.
- Serve as manager for a team of cybersecurity analysts
- Develop and maintain an educational environment that constantly drives team knowledge and performance.
- Lead, foster innovation, and drive accountability within an agile and fast-paced team.
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction and advocate for customer needs across business areas.
- Identify new detection models and recommend new product features.
- Build content for both internal and external customer knowledge bases
- Be a thought leader in cybersecurity - study and promote new developments in automation, analytics, and advanced threat analysis.
- Provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Minimum 5 years of cybersecurity experience as an incident responder or SOC analyst
- Minimum 2 years of management or leadership experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience interfacing with external customers
- Service management minded with strong commitment to customer service
- Good understanding of security product lines (firewalls, sandboxing, SIEM, forensics-type platforms)
- Must be comfortable with presenting and explaining technology to people with less technical knowledge
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and writing skills