- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Enabling Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: vectra.ai
- Company Address: 560 S. Winchester Blvd, Suite 200, San Jose, CA, 95128
About Vectra AIVectra is the world leader in AI-powered network detection and response
As an Associate Security Engineer (Pre-Sales) here at Vectra.ai you'll utilize both your technical aptitude and sales acumen to establish trust during frequent engagement with prospective customers.
You’re a key member of the Vectra sales team, assisting fellow Regional Sales Managers by working to understand key customer pain points and positioning and demonstrating the value of Vectra solutions and services that resolve them, while helping them understand the power of Vectra’s Cognito platform, explaining technical features, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks in real-time.
- Pre-Sales support and Technical Account Management associated to your Regional Sales Managers
- Walk customers and partners through demos and problem solving in clear, concise matter by being the subject matter expert on all things Vectra.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop in order to insure best-of-breed products, tools and documentations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Vectra product line.
- Identify new opportunities by creating and developing strong technical relationships with customers and channel partners.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Collaborate with Customers on Technology reviews, product findings, and integration with other technologies they may have.
- Collaborate with other Vectra Engineers on high-level projects to deliver Vectra technologies to our customers.
- Explore and maintain knowledge of Vectra's key competitors.
- Participate in deployment review and forecast calls.
- Participate in design review and release meetings.
- Travel as needed within region.
Experience and soft skills
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "whatever it takes" with motivation to find solutions rather than admire the challenge.
- Customer-first behaviour is a must.
- Ability to work hands-in-hands with your Sales counterpart (RSM).
- 2+ years experience in a Technical Account Management or Security Engineering role.
- Large account management experience is required.
- Basic understanding of security-focused product lines (CASB, EDR, SIEM or forensics-type platforms) with the ability to translate into value and security best practices.
- Knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
- String written (RFP) and verbal communications (Pre-sales presentations and conferences) are a must.
- Good understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest). Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, OSCE is a plus.
- Good understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies. Certifications such as GNFA is a plus.
- Good understanding of Cloud Security and Network Architectures. Certifications such as AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS-C01) is a plus.
- Good understanding of Security Processes and methodologies. Certifications such as CISSP is a plus