- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Data & Insights
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: what3words.com
- Company Address: Studio 301, Great Western Studios, 65 Alfred Road, London, UK
About what3wordswhat3words is the simplest way to talk about location. It has divided the world into 3m x 3m squares, each with a unique 3 word address. Now people can refer to any precise location – a delivery entrance, a picnic spot or a drone landing point – using just three simple words.
We are looking for a skilled designer to join our studio in Ulaanbaatar. Working in the marketing team in UB, but as part of London design team (HQ) to design and create content for marketing channels and concept/ideation work in print and digital.
what3words is a unique idea with the potential to change the world. Our design team’s mission is to explain the concept engagingly, simply, and beautifully to help us tell compelling creative stories that bring the idea to life - for B2C/B2B.
This role involves design for a wide range of work though print/digital mediums, working conscientiously, responsively, and with an understanding how the different time zones will affect productivity. Tasks will vary by job and day, all executed seamlessly. Detail oriented with an understanding of design thinking and ideas.
We’re looking for a designer with experience of approach in print, digital and an understanding of UX . They must be proactive and have good communication skills in English, working well with a team and good at relaying what’s possible within the timeframe, and comfortable working with other languages and localized copy (not having to speak them).
You’ll be joining an exciting and dynamic marketing team
Our in-house team of 35 people is made up of marketing managers, PR, social strategists and community managers supported by our studio of writers, designers, video creators and our producer. We punch well above our weight for a small in-house team, creating consistently high level and award-winning work for ourselves as well as partner content for brands like Mercedes-Benz.
We have an open and collaborative culture, and encourage everyone to spot opportunities and bring new ideas to the table. We expect the entire team to get to grips with our strategy, and pay close attention to how our work performs in the real world, often iterating and making live changes to make sure we’ve got the most from any project.
Examples of projects you may work on include:
- Develop campaign visuals on brand
- Design brochures and add content to templates
- Create assets for PR and Press, retouching and adding elements
- Preparing files for partners/printers
- Visualise a new web page using existing components
- 5+ years experience in a professional design role
- Great spoken and written English, Mongolian, any other languages a bonus
- Organised, with an eye for detail in a fast paced environment
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC programs
- Understanding of Figma, or similar UX programs
- Can retouch at an intermediate + level
- Ability to set-up and publish files (PDF, print, digital)
Street addresses weren’t designed for 2021. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words. We divided the world into 3 metre squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Last year, what3words was used in 193 countries. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of Mercedes-Benz cars.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Generous parental leave policies
- Family friendly policies
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs