- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Dev
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As Head of Business Development, you will be part of the Commercial Team – leading a highly experienced, dynamic and motivated team and reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. You will drive Volocopter's activities, build up future commercial air taxi services in metropoles all over the globe and take a key role in creating and realizing top priority goals in close partnership with Volocopter's senior management. You initiate and maintain strategic partnerships and contribute to the further development of our company’s overall strategy and go-to-market approach.
- Driver of strategic commercial priorities – Contribute to Volocopter's overall company strategy and create strategic decision proposals regarding significant partnerships, team, budget and commercial roll-outs
- Business Relationship Management – Supported by our partnership management team you will be responsible for important institutional and business partnerships. Closely maintain this collaboration to develop and execute new business projects
- Deal maker and person of action – Identify profitable business opportunities, develop long-term business growth strategies, negotiate sustainable and sensible business deals and puts those into action
- Revenue responsibility – You are responsible to turn business opportunities into sales, monetizing our first services and products
- Lead by example – you should demonstrate excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills as well as being a fact-oriented decision-maker
- Talent scout and people developer – You will help build up Volocopter's talent pool for strategic roles in the company and train your team in project management, reporting, a “getting things done” mentality and how to scale up rapidly
Check in your professional skills:
- Master’s degree in economics, business and engineering or comparable study program
- At least 8 years experience in business development, marketing, sales or corporate strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively with tech, product, finance, marketing and operations colleagues
- Extensive experience in design and analysis of business models and value chains
- Experience with leading motivated and high performing teams, implementing pre-sales and sales processes, planning, budgeting and managing or restructuring teams as well as comfortable with change
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and one other language
- Passionate team player and pioneer spirit
- At least 4 years of experience in a top management consultancy, investment banking or leading commercial positions in a later stage start-up (>100 people) with strong project management skills
- Extensive experience in the mobility, aviation or drone industry
- Experience in rolling-out a rapidly scaling mobility business, ideally including an international city build-up
- Stage experience in an international context
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
Fasten your seat belt and take-off with an awesome team as we bring urban air mobility to life!