- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enabling Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: vectra.ai
- Company Address: 560 S. Winchester Blvd, Suite 200, San Jose, CA, 95128
About Vectra AIVectra is the world leader in AI-powered network detection and response
The Cognito platform from Vectra provides continuous, automated threat surveillance to proactively expose hidden and unknown cyberattackers that actively spread inside networks.
The genesis of Cognito is based on a simple principle for finding hidden threats: use an authoritative source of data and seek out the fundamental threat behaviors that cybercriminals can’t avoid when they carry out an attack.
To do this, Cognito relies on the only source of truth during a cyberattack – network traffic. Only traffic on the wire – whether in private data centers, public clouds or enterprise environments – reveals the truth with complete fidelity and independence. Low-fidelity perimeter security only shows what you’ve already seen, not the hidden attacks that were missed.
Cognito delivers a far more efficient way of analyzing network traffic at scale. Instead of traditional payload inspection, it uses AI, machine learning and behavioral traffic analysis to expose the fundamental behaviors of attackers as they spy, spread, and steal in the network – even in encrypted traffic. By automating cyberattacker detection, analysis and incident response, Cognito AI condenses days or weeks of work into minutes, reducing the threat investigation workload. For more details, see https://vectra.ai/how-it-works.
The Vectra Engineering team is a small and constantly growing team of individuals. We look for people that are smart, very capable technically, and have fun solving the challenges that our customers face together as a team. We believe strongly that everyone can and should have a significant impact on the growth of the product as well as the company and our culture. We believe in using the right technology for each problem and building knowledge through mentorship and other things like peer code reviews. We're excited to find others to join the team that want to work on an interesting product that solves real problems.
As part of the Engineering team, a Software Engineering Manager will be expected to:
- Work with product management to help define requirements for new high value features for customers
- Help break down and plan work for your team
- Help continue to grow the team through interviewing and hiring
- Mentor and grow team members both technically and non-technically
- Participate in architecture discussions and guide the technical direction of the team
- Ensure smooth delivery of software with automated tests in a modern CI toolchain
The ideal candidate is a team player who is excited to work with people, with a variety of technologies, and enjoys solving many different problems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 1+ years of technical management experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Experience as a scrum master in an Agile environment
- Understanding of architecture and experience with REST APIs, databases, and other common technologies
- Unix/Linux proficiency
- Experience with a source control system, preferably Git
- Strong cloud knowledge, preferably AWS
- Python or Golang experience
- Detailed knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and parallel computing
- Knowledge of networking and security