- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Enabling Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: vectra.ai
- Company Address: 560 S. Winchester Blvd, Suite 200, San Jose, CA, 95128
About Vectra AIVectra is the world leader in AI-powered network detection and response
Vectra AI delivers a new class of advanced threat defense that delivers real-time detection and analysis of active intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic to automatically detect all phases of a breach as attackers attempt to spy, spread, and steal within your network.
Vectra AI directly analyzes network meta-data in real time using a patented combination of data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors and user anomalies in the network. All detections are correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context. Meta-data extracted by the network of sensors are sent to data-lakes in order to perform Incident Response and forensic reconstruction.
Are you technically savvy but also love to sell? If so, then this job may be the perfect fit for you! As a key member of the Vectra sales team, you will be responsible for supporting Territory Sales Managers, prospects and Vectra customers throughout the territory. Specific responsibilities will include pre-sales support of prospects all the way through the closing of the deal (and who doesn’t love closing a deal?!). And because we love our customers, some post-sales support may be necessary periodically.
- Pre-sales technical support and technical account management for Vectra's Regional Sales Managers.
- Walk customers and partners through demos and problem solving in clear, concise matter by being the subject matter expert on all things Vectra
- Explore and maintain knowledge of Vectra's key competitors.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop about product functionality and product desires experienced in the field.
- Partner with the Product Management and R&D departments to develop features critical to Vectra's success.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Vectra product line.
- Identify new opportunities by creating and developing strong technical relationships with customers and channel partners.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Collaborate with Customers on Technology reviews, product findings, and integration with other technologies they may have.
- Collaborate with other Vectra Engineers on high-level projects to deliver Vectra technologies to our customers.
- Participate in deployment review and forecast calls.
- Participate in design review and release meetings.
- Travel as needed within region.
Experience and soft skills
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "whatever it takes" with motivation to find solutions rather than admire the challenge.
- Customer-first behavior is a must.
- 3+ years experience in technical or pre-sales support as a Security Engineer (or Sales Engineer).
- Large account management is required.
- Deep understanding of security-focused product lines (CASB, EDR, SIEM or forensics-type platforms) with the ability to translate into security best practices.
- Strong knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
- String written (RFP) and verbal communications (Pre-sales presentations and conferences) are a must.
- Good understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest).
- Good understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies.
- Good understanding of Cloud Security.
- Good understanding of Security Processes and methodologies (CISSP/...) is a plus.