- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enabling Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: vectra.ai
- Company Address: 560 S. Winchester Blvd, Suite 200, San Jose, CA, 95128
About Vectra AIVectra is the world leader in AI-powered network detection and response
The Cognito platform from Vectra provides continuous, automated threat surveillance to proactively expose hidden and unknown cyberattackers that actively spread inside networks.
The genesis of Cognito is based on a simple principle for finding hidden threats: use an authoritative source of data and seek out the fundamental threat behaviors that cybercriminals can’t avoid when they carry out an attack.
To do this, Cognito relies on the only source of truth during a cyberattack – network traffic. Only traffic on the wire – whether in private data centers, public clouds or enterprise environments – reveals the truth with complete fidelity and independence. Low-fidelity perimeter security only shows what you’ve already seen, not the hidden attacks that were missed.
Cognito delivers a far more efficient way of analyzing network traffic at scale. Instead of traditional payload inspection, it uses AI, machine learning and behavioral traffic analysis to expose the fundamental behaviors of attackers as they spy, spread, and steal in the network – even in encrypted traffic. By automating cyberattacker detection, analysis and incident response, Cognito AI condenses days or weeks of work into minutes, reducing the threat investigation workload. For more details, see https://vectra.ai/how-it-works.
The Vectra Engineering team is a small and constantly growing team of individuals. We look for people that are smart, very capable technically, and have fun solving the challenges that our customers face together as a team. We believe strongly that everyone can and should have significant impacts on the growth of the product as well as the company and our culture. We believe in using the right technology for each problem and building knowledge through mentorship and other things like peer code reviews. We're excited to find others to join the team that want to work on an interesting product that solves real problems.
As a Software Engineer here at Vectra you'll have the opportunity to work on different areas of the overall engineering team: the Cognito Platform, the Detect Application, the Stream Application, and our Cloud offering. Each of these teams will generally require you to:
- Implement the Python-based customer-facing REST APIs.
- Apply knowledge of relational and non-relational databases to model customers’ networks and active security threats.
- Work with sales, sales engineers, support, product management, and customers to solve problems that matter.
- Interface with other engineering and product groups including UX, Security Research, and Data Science to help customers simplify security.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 3-8+ years professional experience in software design and delivery
- Experience with Cloud Providers ie AWS, Azure, etc
- Experience with REST APIs
- Database hands-on experience (MySQL, couchdb, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Unix/Linux proficiency
- Experience with a source control system, preferably Git
- Devops or cloud infrastructure experience especially with AWS
- Experience with Python web frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Familiarity with web-based data visualization libraries (e.g. D3.js)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of networking protocols