- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your future Volocopter crew:
We are looking for you as our Head of Financial Accounting. You will setup, maintain and drive a world-class and scalable worldwide financial accounting organization. You will be responsible for managing, leading, and growing Financial Accounting and ensure internal control over financial reporting compliance. You will work strongly together with the Head of Financial Statements and Consolidation to drive the Accounting topics; be each other's sparring partners and work closely together with all other finance departments. The position is highly diverse, working on multiple exciting and challenging projects worldwide, with many stakeholders inside Volocopter.
Your mission during this flight:
- Lead our financial accounting team for our HQ and lead the global financial accounting organization
- Ensure timely operational accounting of payables, receivables, travel expenses, assets, and payment runs
- Auditors contact person for local GAAP
- Process Owner for our Order to Cash (O2C) and Purchase to Pay (P2P) process, including ICFR & SOX compliance
- Drive operational excellence together with the corporate Financial Statements and Consolidation team, Taxation and Controlling, Procurement Team
- Continuously improve global operational efficiency (time & scope) and reduce the cost (make or buy decision, shared service center)
- Be a sparring partner for accounting manuals & processes with the responsible Head of Financial Statements and Consolidation
- Adopt a digital first mindset
Check in your professional skills:
- 7+ years of professional accounting experience as an auditor and/or in a publicly listed company, ideally in aviation or automotive
- High attention to detail
- Leadership and communication skills with experience in building, scaling and managing teams
- Above-average university degree in business administration or you are a qualified accountant (CPA, ACCA, WP)
- Experience in establishing & communication of group-wide processes
- Preferably knowledge in ICFR compliance
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Business Central
- Preferably knowledge in shared service center and scaling support functions
- Very good English and German language skills, experience in an international business environment
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.