- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Datacenter Hardware
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: zerofox.com
- Company Address: 1834 S. Charles St., Baltimore, MD, 21230
About ZeroFOXZeroFOX, the innovator of social media & digital security, protects modern organizations from dynamic security, brand and physical risks across social, mobile, web and collaboration platforms. Using targeted data collection and artificial intelligence-based analysis, ZeroFOX protects modern organizations from targeted phishing attacks, credential compromise, data exfiltration, brand hijacking, executive and location threats and more.
- Lead the various Security Operations team on a daily basis in support of all designated alert investigation and response functions with little oversight
- Work closely with the ZeroFOX Customer Experience team to deliver value to customers through escalations, analysis, incident response and work product knowledge
- Lead and mature the Security Operations program amidst changing business needs and requirements across an ever-evolving digital risk protection landscape
- Evaluate the team’s existing knowledge, skills, and abilities to develop and implement individual and team training.
- Mentor Security Operations analysts and provide on-going training
- Mentor and coach Security Operations emerging leaders
- Operate in a strategic capacity while remaining involved in the tactical day-to-day operations within the analyst teams, particularly optimizing the workflow of an alert to escalation path
- Hire and coordinate closely with systems automation engineers and product teams to implement and maintain tooling
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of alerts and analyst teams to help improve workflow items and recommendations for better / more agile analysis
- Drive incident response for customers, pulling in appropriate resources across business units when appropriate
- Provide reports on incidents internally and to customers; provide information and strategic guidance to leadership during incidents and crises
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend / execute upon change management techniques for efficiency / quality improvements
- Relentlessly focus on continuous improvement and quality. Ensure the delivery of services from SOC - East is of highest quality and predictability
- Ensure the analyst team receives timely and effective training on all current and new technologies and processes. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of operational risks and drives the response process in order to minimize the impact of these risks
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience leading a operations center environment (GSOC, SOC, Fusion center or similar 24x7 communications hub), typically obtained in 12+ years
- Strong technical and organizational leadership skills
- Strong business acumen - organization, prioritization, logistics
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a successful training program
- Excellent communication, time management and decision-making skills
- Confidence in understanding and driving tools and services in Python, Java, Ruby, Golang or any other language seen in a SOC environment
- Confidence in creating tools and services found in cloud environments such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Operational experience using traditional SOC tools including log aggregation, SIEMs, SOARs and threat intelligence services
- You’re comfortable leading a quickly growing team
- You quickly adapt and recommend solutions as needed
- As a self-starter, when you find a problem, you alert the team, and fix it…you don’t wait for the next task
- You’re used to producing superior work while meeting aggressive deadlines
Do you want to love where you work?
- Amazing Product: ZeroFOX has created a paradigm shifting cyber security product
- Awesome Culture: ZeroFOX is a community – most describe our team as a group of close knit, incredibly talented, and highly caffeinated people. All are encouraged and required to incorporate innovative ideas and prototypes into our product. Suggestions around streamlining communication, development practices and operations are welcomed
- Get Things Done: Innovation is woven into the fabric of our organization. Every aspect of our operations is purposeful; enabling us to research, develop and innovate faster than the competition
- Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package available
- Ready to apply? Visit us at https://www.zerofox.com/careers to find out more and join the best team in the security industry.
- Not ready to apply? Email careers_at_zerofox_dot_com to speak with a member of the team!