- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Autonomous & Mobility Management
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: volocopter.com
- Company Address: Zeiloch 20, Bruchsal, 76646
About VolocopterThe Volocopter is the world’s first purely electric flying multicopter, which is able to transport people. It flies eco-friendly, emission-free, quiet and safe. As autonomous version, the Volocopter is the answer to the tough mobility challenges our megacities are facing today, and it makes the dream of flying come true for all of us.
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Flight Control Law Engineer you will develop model-based software that runs on a real urban air mobility solution – the Volocopter. You will design and implement safety-critical models that matter for people all over the world, software that will literally take off in front of you.
You are a Flight Control Law Engineer well versed in the Model-Based Design (MBD) processes (modeling, requirements tracing, validation, verification, and testing). In addition, you are experienced in software development along the V-model and are therefore familiar with standards such as RTCA/DO-178C and DO-331. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you support the development process of the Flight Control Laws of the Volocopter.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Control Engineering or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development with MBD
- Track record of successfully completed software projects
- Excellent MATLAB and Simulink skills
- Experience with MathWorks Simulink MBD workflow/toolchain (e.g. Simulink Requirements, Simulink Test, Simulink Code Generation & Inspection, …)
- Experience with aviation software standards (RTCA/DO-178C and DO-331)
- Experience in Control Systems Engineering, ideally for Flight Control
- Knowledge of state estimation algorithms is a plus (EKF, Sigma Point KF, Particle filters, Bayesian state estimation in general)
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our office in Bruchsal offers an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!